Wednesday, February 18, 2009

100: Freeze

"We Major" by Kanye West

...come on homie / we major / we major? / come on homie / we major / we major!...

Last week Tuesday, I took my first test in my perception class. That class is not a game. It is so detailed and the big picture is only minimally relevant. The big picture is easy to understand, basic knowledge and the professor expects you to know that already. He does not teach that part.

Oh, but the details. The process of changing light energy from the environment to chemical energy of the brain is long and interrupted in lecture by more details, although the process in our brains is smooth and fast.

However, it is my kind of education. All the information is there. There really isn't anything to have to figure out or deduced. The facts are established and all I have to do is read and understand the concepts.

And I did. "Two people got a 100 on the test. The class average was about an 88." And I was one of those people with that 100. I logged onto Blackboard, knowing I did well (I was calling for a 93), but pleasantly surprised.

It is just an example of one's efforts being fully reflected in the results. It was satisfaction. I studied soooo much for that test. I can't even begin to explain to you the lengths I took to understand the information. I did not study to memorize it. I studied it to know it. I could take that test again and still get an A, maybe not a 100 though.

In that small piece of news in my life, I persevere. School is my boyfriend. I love him and he challenges me, sophisticates me, improves me. Now, I just have to put the same energy into the rest of my life and when I check on God's Blackboard system, best be 100 points up. Ya dig?

No comments: