Thursday, April 16, 2009

Perfect Ending to a Bad Day

"Favorite Mistake" by Sheryl Crow

...your friends are sorry for me / they watch you pretend to adore me / but i'm no fool to this game...

I don't know what my favorite mistake is, but I would like to imagine, given my affinity for this song, that I have one.

Today, I wonder: why do we like to ruin a good thing? Why are some of our urges, desires, likes, etc. so bad for us?

I have a good, good, great thing that deserves my attention and my energy in maintaining its beauty.

But honestly, I am not old enough to be good. I don't want to ruin it, but I don't want to be ruled by it. I know I am speaking rather ambiguously. That's why I created this blog, so as not to speak in concrete, identifiable terms.

I want acknowledgment from a person that I am cool and hot and desirable and awesome and all that. The acknowledgment must be packaged in a particular way and as of yet, I have not been able to evoke it from this person.

Now, I have another person in my life who acknowledges so much, far more than the superficial nods I am looking for, but I am a little, just a little, dissatisfied.

Shit.

No comments: