Sunday, September 14, 2008

Love with a Fire Read, Part 2

Live Your Life by T.I.

...prioritizing horribly / unhappy with your riches / cuz your piss poor morally...

To be clear, I do not really hate White people but I despise the misuse of the power and privilege they have.

But to be Black, to be educated or at least on the way to being educated, to have options and the possibility of a comfortable future while the people I identify with have a generally bleak existence and future is an insult to my personal progress.

The children and adults who cannot read, the rate of HIV infection in the community, the unstructured homes, the economic dehydration, the crime, the media portrayal and the so much more makes what I am doing, what my classmates are doing, what my parents are doing, what my Black professors are doing seem so negligible.

Not to say we should all stop Living our Lives and join the cast of The Poor, No Hope Black Show but it does make me wonder/doubt.

Even if there are lazy people (which there will always be of every race), criminals, opportunists, manipulators, liars, etc., there are children of a generation big enough to correct all the nonsense when they grow up.

I explain this because my best of friends thinks I put an undeserved stress and blame on White people but I believe it is because she does not know what I really think. It is not about whether John dislikes Joe because he is Black or Ann will not talk to Mary because she is Black. Although that is an upsetting scenario, it is inconsequential compared to other problems we exist under.

No comments: