Sunday, March 22, 2009

Merchandise

"Year of the Lover" by Lloyd

...this one fa the radio / this one fa the radio-o-oh...

Yes, I messed around and fell in Love over spring break. I touched down on March 12, 2009. I met my heart of March 14, 2009 and I am not sure how much space I would need to explain...

I am betrothed to a man that I am sure I can Love. I am sure I could bear his children and make my Sierra Leonean family happy and comfortable with a man who speaks ka Themne...

But for now, I can make this man happy and comfortable in this year of the Lover.

Last time I did this and it fell apart the way it did, I said "That'll do." And I thought I meant it. But by Thursday, March 21, 2009, I was attached to the man who should be "it" and I even met the woman, who before me, had called him "it".

He was to be her forever and instead, she walked in on me serving him hand and foot like the king he is. She was hurt, dramatic, tactless, redeeming, pathetic, and recovered all at the same time.

Love, love...love...Love, love...love...Love, love...love...lo-ooh--ove...

And that is what I want to yell at him over and over again, but the timing isn't appropriate. I am so in love I can live with it in silence until my heart gives me the opportunity and signal to let him know. I can wait with my love, alone, unreciprocated until I am shameless enough to admit my vulnerability.

To be honest, that time isn't too far away.

Is this not the sappiest mess you have ever read? My God. what happened to me? To say such things, mean it, notice it, and not be ashamed of it still?

This is truly the year of the lover.

No comments: