Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dr. Stand By

"She Needs My Love" by The Dream

I just had to mention this song one more time, to be honest.

First, I have two updates. (Where the Good Goes): Firstly, I got a 96 on that Abnormal Psychology test. I couldn't figure out which questions I got wrong so I don't know if they were questions that I really didn't know or bubbles I did not carefully fill in. Whatever. I got an A.

(Straight Like That): Secondly, the Chinese restaurant closest to my apartment has mei fun noodles on their menu. Good old urban, cultured cuisine.

Music: I never really mention the music I like. I list them as prefaces to each blog entry but these two albums resurfaced in my life and deserve some praise. The Dream's Love.Hate. My God. The song "She Needs My Love" has been in heavy rotation since I landed in Miami. Thank you shuffle. I do want to Love a man like that. I know I say I hate men, they are selfish, inherently flawed at an irredeemable level, etc. But I want one to love and name children with. Straight up.

And Lloyd's Lessons in Love. My language fails me right now. The song "Year of the Lover" is some of the straight up drop ya draws genre. It makes a girl feel type sexy.
Lastly, Keri Hilson. She is Christina's idol. And dammit, mine too. "Make Love" is a serious banger. I can't stop playing it ( I can't stop playing any of them. I play it several times until I switch to another song and play it several times too. Mmmm...music). I don't make love, but when I do, Keri will sing the rhythm to the movement girl.

No comments: