Friday, December 19, 2008

Anderson 360

"Silly" By Deniece Williams

...silly of me to think that i / could ever have you for my guy / how i love you / how i want you...

I walked off the plane very calmly and very familiarly. He walked directly in front of me in his long, gray tweed peacoat, black slacks and starched white button up, accentuated with his red scarf that so bravely pointed to his completely gray hair. He was a brand of beautiful that required a long, dramatic description. Walking behind him, he seemed larger than usual and I tried to imagine him in his jeans and t-shirt ensemble. He looks strong to me in his jeans and t-shirt. That is when I feel safest. His humility is loud but his swag is in close concert.

I stopped thinking about him once we got to the elevators. I just watched him. I watched him so intently that I only saw his reflection in the elevator door. We stood perpendicular to one another, our right angle created by our interlocked hands. He turned, insignificantly, and touched my right cheek with the back of his right hand. It made me smile so hard I felt as though I would cry. I realized I was wearing the same red scarf as he was with a jean jacket, what seemed to be a black body suit, and knee high black boots. That was all the attention I payed to myself for a while.

My attention was lost all together. After what seemed to be a long blink, I opened my eyes and found myself sitting near the baggage claim. He walked up to me, hurried and excited to deliver a message.

"I'm getting you a passport sweetie. I'm sending your picture to the Margage State and they'll process a passport for you." I smiled at him. I was excited just to have him talk to me. It would only occur to me later that I was going to love him because he was going to take care of me. He was going to reorganize the mess that was my life and show me happiness and take away my worries. I was relieved already simply from the idea of impending relief.

He didn't introduced the dark haired woman next to him. I knew he knew her but I innately felt that she wasn't a threat and that she was there to do something for me.

Later, while I was emptying our luggage while sitting on the bed in the hotel room, he and the dark haired woman came back in. She had changed from her business attire to a blue, bell bottomed one piece suit with a large, silver star on her left breast.

"Baby, this is Suki. She is going to protect you. She can run amazingly fast and cause enormous pain with what appears to me the slightest touch. When you are bored, even, she can play the radio, any station you want, out of her mouth. You can watch TV in her eyes as well. She will stay with you during the times I am out and away from you," he smiled while he spoke.

I replied, "Don't you need her more than I? I will just be sitting around while you go introduce the world to itself."

He paused but ultimately decided that Suki would stay with me. Suki left to return to her room across the hall. A small walkie-talkie like gadget was left in my room. It transferred sound and video to a sister gadget in Suki's room that alerted her if I was in danger.

We threw the things on the bed and left the room for a walk. Everywhere we went, we held hands. I felt his hands were in my heart the whole time. I was so relieved to be relieved.

No comments: