Thursday, July 29, 2010

All For the Love Y'all

"Oh Me Oh My" by Garnett Silk


...pretty baby don't be shy / oh me oh my / i'm gonna tell you why...

I got a new job.  I'm so excited to start but I'm highly hesitant to leave the job I currently I have.  I absolutely love the children that I serve.  They make me laugh.  They make me feel young and old at the same time.  They make me tired and they give me energy simultaneously.

And they totally aren't babies but as I have gotten so much older, the seem like babies to me.  I remember being their age and in retrospect, I realize how young I was.  However, I thought I was all 'growed up' and my parents couldn't tell me anything.  So happy there is a God because kids like me...no bueno.

Sometimes I feel like this isn't my life.  Things have changed so so so so much, of course for the better...I assess.

At times I sit around and wait for the other shoe to drop because y'all don't know how far things have come; how much people have changed in my life; how much I have changed; all that.

At this junction, college is over, life has started...like really started. I'm being pulled in many different directions at the same time, which of course I love because I love stimuli and all that...but it's slightly overwhelming.

I used to know exactly what I wanted to do.  I wanted to go to nursing school and be done with it.  I still want to because it's stable and good money but that's really the only appeal.  I do want to do obstetrics and gynecology.  I love women's health, especially focusing on the health of women of color around the world.


But I also love law.  I'm great at reading, research, writing, and debating; most effective tools for the artistry of law.

And now that I have discovered social work, I love social work.  I consider it to be the physical implementation of psychology.  I of course love psychology, but social work demands that one applies psychology.

There are so many options, so many talents I could use, so much I could change, so many people I could help and simply not enough time to do it.  For one thing, life is short.  Secondly, the good die young.

No comments: