Monday, May 24, 2010

Don't Call My Name

...don't call my name / don't call my name Alejandro / i'm not your babe / i'm not your babe Fernando... 

"Alejandro" by Lady Gaga

Who do you love? Me or the thought of me?  I remember writing about this topic before.  I can't really tell the difference between love and lust.

Some would venture to say that means I have never been in love.


But I have been. I'm always in love. It's my favorite state of affairs.

I really do think I have been in love before, it just always ends so bad.

At a point, I believed that I was not lovable at all.  I would get burned everytime...and I was the only common denominator each time so I offered myself as the defective party.


On some level, I still believe I am defective.  I do believe that I would be a waste of somebody's love.  No one has yet been able to capture my attention for an extended amount of time.  No one has been truly selfless in their love either.  I have always felt I am getting far less than I am giving.


And I don't mean materially...because I have a feeling some folk will be reading this entry and begin to mentally calculate all they feel their giving has cost them.

I can compromise.  I can accept defeat.  I can assess the hell outta your state of mind based on real behaviors and reactions (go Bachelors in Psychology!).  I can change the game, flip the script, and improve the worst of situations.  But somehow that true stuff evades me.  True love evades me.

eXcept in one instance...(Whoa)

I love love but she don't have time for me. 

No comments: